What is the loading time of this template?
- As is, the pages load at around 7 seconds over a 56k modem,
and, ummm... well, milliseconds over cable or DSL connection.
Can I easily change the colors on this template?
- As long as you are familiar with CSS, you can change the colors.
Our colors and fonts are all defined in the "style.css" file, which
is in the dwt/ folder for this design in your web.
Where's the theme?
- There isn't one. This template is totally driven by the
external style sheet, and uses FrontPage Navigation for the menu
Can I change the flash movies?
- Only if you have Flash 5 or MX and you know how to use it.
We have included the .fla source for the movies with the template
What impact does flash have on search engine placement?
- None. Our embedded flash movies are no different from
using graphics that aren't flash movies as far as search engines
are concerned. The standard HTML remains in place, and you
will enter your own META tags the same way you would with a non-flash
enhanced web site.
What if I don't WANT to use the flash movies?
- No problem - simply replace the movies on each page with the
included static images located in the graphics/ folder inside the
dwt/ folder for this design.
How do I change the logo at the top of the pages?
- Put your own logo in place, or you can just use FrontPage and
type in your name and information. Our "Your Name Here" was
done in an outside graphics program, sized 350 pixels wide by 50
pixels high, and we've included the layered .psd file for you if
you have the graphical capabilities to use it. You will make
the changes on the DWTs themselves.
Can I add more pages?
- Certainly! You can add as many as you wish! Just
open a new blank page, attach the DWT of your choice, and then save
it as the name you want your new page to have. Now, go to
the Navigation view (View, Navigation). Is your Folder List
open as well? If not, the go to View, Folder LIST to open
it. Next, locate the new filename in the Folder List (it's
probably at the bottom), left click over it and while holding down
the left mouse button, drag it over into the Navigation Structure
and drop it where you want it, so that it is underneath either the
Home page or another existing page. Rename it there for button/banner
purposes. Repeat every time you wish to add a new page!
Why can't I change certain areas of the web pages?
- This web uses a Dynamic Web Template (DWT), which contains editable
and non-editable regions. All places you see the circle with
diagonal line through it on when mousing over the web page itself
in FrontPage Design view are non-editable regions, and can ONLY
be modified on the DWT itself. When you modify a DWT, all
changes are carried forward to the pages in your web having the
DWT attached, so you only have to do it one place!
Can I put my own images in the content area of the page?
- Sure - you can do virtually anything with this template you
can do with any web.